Tonight I will be going wild in the kitchen, making the Carrot Cupcakes and attempting a new Chocolate Molten Cupcake. I'm very optimistic about this new recipe, knowing that I have an old standby if it fails.
I will also be making my Carrot Cupcakes in a mini version for the first time, so this will require me to actually pay attention while they bake.
I will get pictures of them before anyone is allowed in the kitchen to steal them all:) This will also be a good way to try out my new 24 cup Chicago Metallic pan from Williams-Sonoma. I received a $100 performance award at work and got to choose from different gift cards. Without any hesitation, I chose W-S and had a fun little shopping spree. The clerks were convinced that the cupcake pan wouldn't fit in my oven. I was nervous the whole way home, lugging my giant bag through the snow and praying that I wouldn't have to return the pan. I ran in my front door and went straight for the kitchen--it fit! Three cheers for my dinosaur oven!!
Some randomness: I was thinking about my mother's way of baking versus my method. She's an excellent cook and seems to be able to make things out of thin air. I swear that she never measures anything, just thows in what "looks right". And it always works for her! Why is that? I can carefully measure out flour, sugar and salt and still sometimes have a baking nightmare. Her mother baked the same way, tossing everything in her big mixing bowl and using an old handpowered mixer.
No comments:
Post a Comment