I have a sweet tooth, and have pretty much always been this way. That might explain my 12 cavities (that and the lack of dental insurance for 2 years) but it also alters the way I view certain recipes.
I've been thinking a lot lately about different frostings or icings or glazes--whatever you choose to call them! I prefer a medium-sized amount of frosting on my cupcakes and don't like it to be too sweet. Some of my cupcake crew LOVES the sweeter frostings and can't get enough. On the other hand, my guy thinks everything is too sweet (blame it on his European upbringing).
I'm always worried about finding that perfect frosting balance, that zen of sugar, if you will. This is partially why I typically use cream cheese icing...it is great on sweeter cakes, but not overpowering.
My newest experiment is going to be a flour-based icing, so be on the lookout for that very soon! As soon as I get my new double boiler from Williams Sonoma, I'll be whipping up a batch.
1 comment:
I'm the opposite - I don't have much of a sweet tooth at all (and yet I like to bake...), but I really enjoy sweet buttercream frosting. I also have a tendency to overfrost everything.
Looking forward to the flour-based frosting. Sounds interesting!
Post a Comment