Monday, March 9, 2009

Lill Studio Sample Sale Finds

There is a custom purse store here in Chicago and they hosted a sample sale on Saturday morning. Luckily, their warehouse isn't too far from my house, so I decided to check it out. The sale started at 8am, but I wanted to get first dibs at any goodies. At 6:45 am, I was 5th in line.

Fella thought I was crazy when the alarm went off at 6:15. He asked where I was going and I reminded him about the purses. His response? "You're going purse shopping at 6am?" Sigh, men.

I managed to score some pretty great deals, including purse handles, blank headbands and three gigantic bags of fabric!! I am still debating about what projects to start, but I know there will be some key chains/fobs and other little treats for my Etsy shop. Time to fire up the sewing machine and sew away!

They also had a lot of purses for 50% off, which seemed like a great deal, but my budget didn't allow for any new bags. Ok, I lie...I did get one cute little $15 purse for myself. It was originally $62, so I justified it by saying that I was saving 75%.

2 comments:

(defiant)conviction said...

-gasp- where is this purse shop? Great shopping finds girl ;)

I only wish I lived in the city.. the burbs are lovely, but I drive out to the city so often it's ridiculous! No hidden gems like these :(

Frosted said...

It's a neat little store on Armitage Avenue by the Brown Line station. The purses are lovely, but the prices put me into shock!

They do have sample sales in March and September at their warehouse on 31st Street and Ashland.

I still haven't touched the stuff I bought...work is keeping me from my crafts!