My furry assistant chef and I spent the evening making Valentine treats for our friends. She even designed a special Valentine card for her pal, Rusty. Tomorrow we'll deliver the treats and post some pics and recipes!
I found a recipe for peanut butter dog cookies, and thought it might be a nice treat. Duchess loves peanut butter and I wanted to make something special for her and Rusty. Rusty's humans are always willing to take care of Duchess when I'm running late or away on vacation.
I found a recipe for peanut butter dog cookies, and thought it might be a nice treat. Duchess loves peanut butter and I wanted to make something special for her and Rusty. Rusty's humans are always willing to take care of Duchess when I'm running late or away on vacation.
Disclaimer: In light of the recent salmonella scare, this peanut butter is ok. I have been using this jar for a while and it hasn't killed me yet. It should be safe for the pups!
These little treats were really easy to make and are guaranteed to make any pup happy.
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
2 cups wheat flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
Mix all ingredients, preferably with an electric mixer. You could also mix by hand, if you don't mind smelling like peanut butter all day. Roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thick for bigger cookies. If your pup is smaller, roll it out to 1/4 and bake it for a few minutes less. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters--we made bones and hearts. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or 16-17 for smaller cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment