Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Pink Computer

My old laptop computer has been chugging along on its last legs for over a year. I still had tons of songs and files saved on it, so those were backed up and the computer was left tucked under the bed.

I decided that it was time to have my own computer and stop stealing Fella's all of the time. He has his own work to finish and probably doesn't understand why I need to check out Etsy for hours on end. The research began and I finally decided on Dell's Outlet section because they had a great selection of "previously ordered new" computers with lots of memory. I had my heart set on a sunshine yellow computer, but went with a flamingo pink one that had the best memory and hard drive for the price.

"She" arrived and has found a home in the crafty room. I look forward to listing more items on Etsy and designing as well. My tech-saavy big brother sent me Adobe Photoshop and some other fun software to use in my creations. To keep with tradition, I named her ('cause I'm sure it's a she) Princess.

The old laptop is still in good enough condition to donate to a charity, and I found a women's shelter that can use it. Everyone wins! I get a new computer and some deserving women get a second chance at life.

No comments: