1 stick unsalted butter, at room temp
1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco (I ran out of butter, )
3 cups powdered sugar
spearmint flavoring (I found mine at Sur la Table)
Cream the butter (and/or Crisco) using an electric mixer for approximately 2 minutes. Mix in the powdered sugar, flavoring and a few drops of green food coloring.
I used an open star tip to pipe on the icing. For a little fancy flourish, I melted some leftover chocolate ganache and drizzled it over the tops of these sweet treats.
The end result was like eating a giant Andes mint. Super creamy buttercream and rich chocolate cupcakes make any BBQ awesome!
Also, I've been plotting some new recipes lately, one being a very unique birthday treat for someone very special. I have noticed a lot of traffic lately from Google by those searching for dog-shaped cupcakes. Fine, I'll break down and do it. I will make canine cakes. Happy now?
4 comments:
The grocery stores up here carry Andes Mint chips. Placing them in cookie batter in lieu of chocolate chips makes AWESOME cookies!
Ok, I'm sorry- you love cupcakes, live in Chicago and make cupcake toppers. How have we not met?
Natalie,
I'm not sure how we've missed each other, but I definitely love your blog!
These sounds scrumptious - love mint and chocolate but with the addition of buttercreme? Oh yeah! :) Thanks for a great share!
Post a Comment