Unfortunately, it seems like many of the books in stores have the same few recipes or are merely decorating books. Don't get me wrong--I think that dog-shaped cupcakes are adorable, but I don't need an entire book to show me how to turn Lassie into a vanilla cupcake. I have enough trouble keeping my real dog away from the cupcakes!!
My favorite cupcake book has been "Cupcakes!" by Elinor Klivans. Every one of her recipes that I've tried has been amazing and I am attempting to try the entire book. I stumbled upon her "Cupcake Deck" at the Paper Source last fall. It was cute and I couldn't resist. Now, I am developing my willpower and saying, "Slow down with the cupcake books!!"
Unless, of course, someone else wants to buy them for me!
2 comments:
I think I own 2 of those books. You're totally right about them getting repetitive, but I do like the decorating ideas.
One of these days, I'm gonna learn how to wield an icing tip without smudging, and actually do one of the fancy designs!
I love Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. The Coconut Lime cupcakes and frosting are excellent!
Post a Comment