Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Farewell Old Oven

I need a new fridge and my landlord promised me that she would get it. So, I was pleasantly surprised when she called me to say that she had my new fridge--and my new oven! Apparently the new oven even has this fantastic control where you can regulate the temperature...my old oven was in sad shape. My landlord is the funniest because she doesn't cook and joked that she didn't even notice the missing knob on the oven for the entire time she lived in my apartment. She says that the new oven is quiet impressive and descibes it as "a cook's dream".

Of course, I found out that the new appliances are coming on the day that we planned a big BBQ! I had also just gone to the grocery store and loaded up on food, so that will all have to be moved over to the new fridge.

Cross your fingers that my favorite Chicago Metallic 24 cupcake pan fits in the new oven!!

I plan to send the old oven out in style by baking chocolate cupcakes tonight and more special treats later this week.

Here's a hint:
This weekend is a very special holiday around my house. It is the 14th celebration of this holiday and we plan to mark the occasion with a traditional cookout. Any guesses?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for new appliances!

Anonymous said...

ok i'll guess, 14 yrs out of school?? somebody's birthday?? somebody's anniversary?? i give up!! thanks for stopping by my blog!! i love those ganache cvered cupcakes!!!