Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Magnolia Vanilla Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream


I concocted these from the Magnolia Bakery recipe and used fresh raspberries in the buttercream. (Look closely and you might see a raspberry seed or two.) Despite all that, I was disappointed in the recipe. Everyone talks about how fantastic Magnolia cupcakes taste, and I was excited to try this recipe. Even with careful measuring and timing, I won't be baking these again.
Don't say I didn't warn you. However, if you have better luck with it, let me know.

2 comments:

Maddie said...

I just finished baking the magnolias vanilla cupcake recipe. I followed everything exactly as written. It was horrid tasting. How do they sell those things? I don't think I will be trying the rest of their recipes. Yuck. What a waste of butter.

Frosted said...

I'm glad to know that it wasn't just me. They are pretty terrible, aren't they??

I was tempted to order the Magnolia cookbook from Amazon, but I'm happy that I saved my money!